Chrysalis Editorial provides coaching services for a variety of clients. Whether you live locally or remotely, we offer ongoing, one-on-one guidance to enhance your writing and to complete your writing project, whatever it may be (novel, short stories, memoir, non-fiction, proposal, etc).
Even if you don’t have a particular project in the works, our coaching services can offer tailored assignments and critiques.
No matter what your project, we will help you:
- Define your goals (whether they are to complete a writing project, find an agent or publisher, launch a blog or website, or self-publish a book),
- Develop a plan to achieve those goals
- Create a timeline for your project’s completion
- Establish and support your writing discipline
- Regularly meet with you in person or via telephone or Skype*
- Periodically assess your progress and change strategy if you’re not achieving the desired result
- Provide feedback and edit your work on an ongoing basis
If you are working on a specific non-fiction project, you will receive assistance in everything from brainstorming and outlining your work to editing each page and chapter, as well as development of the proposal and author platform.
If you are working on a novel, memoir or short story collection, you will receive critiques on your project’s fictional elements (characters, plot, dialogue, voice, point-of-view, etc.) to help both you and your writing stay focused. You will receive feedback on each chapter or revision. We can also give you assignments to move your work along at the pace you want.
If you’re simply hoping to improve your writing (but don’t have a particular project in mind), we can provide you with exercises and prompts focused on the areas of your writing that need the most improvement. You will receive feedback and constructive criticism for each of your writing samples.
You can improve your writing no matter what your schedule or location. We can work with you in person or remotely, via email, telephone or Skype. We Skype with clients in Illinois, Vermont, California, and other parts of the US, not to mention in places as far flung as Italy and Holland.