Thoughts and Inspiration for Creative Writers

-from Chrysalis Editorial

Poetry that inspires from a very special young woman

Posted on | September 21, 2010 | 17 Comments

** Untitled

by Julie Yeager

I Think of birds growing i think of rainbows after a good wet cry. When the sun finally decides to come out from under a pile of gray socks nothing really matters. A sip of your milk and a thought comes to mind. A blink a stare and emotion closing your eyes to stop the world dreams come true when your spirit becomes a simple act of kindness. Lights beyond the stars in the sky brings me hope and luck for what i know that is true something i believe in is why i stand up to show that it is important to be heard.

My poetry does not always need a theme or rhyme it requires a person who knows god’s grace and true meaning of souls connecting to each other.

A walk and a new poem comes to mind about the birds and the bees but as you know i know about the moon and stars shining over me. Do you know about everything i do i check out a shake or two when you come around i know you drive me crazy.

Everyday at work i try as hard as i can just to ring up my number and i hear a voice i try to avoid it i talked to my friends and now i wanna find angels singing i am waiting for my life to be shared and now it is complete.

i started with birds growing and rainbows now i am ending with sunlight and smiles to be everywhere in your heart and by your side all day long.

**From Julie’s mother Gail: Julie is 23 and has Downs Syndrome. She has just moved into her own apartment, and she is also writing a lot of poetry, especially in coffee shops. Yes, can you picture a young bohemian girl with her journal and a cup of joe? 23 years ago who knew that she would blossom into the woman that she is.

Julie Poet in Garden

Note from Herta at Chrysalis Editorial: when Darrell Ortmann sent me this poem (Gail is a friend of his), I felt uplifted and wanted to share it with you, my writer friends…and of course anyone who needs a bit of inspiration and sunshine. Hope you enjoy it as i did. Let  Julie and me know what you think and how you felt on reading it.

Comments

17 Responses to “Poetry that inspires from a very special young woman”

1. Natasha
    September 21st, 2010 @ 7:08 pm

Beautiful!

2. Gerri
    September 22nd, 2010 @ 10:45 am

Julie, your poetry touched my heart. Keep writing . . .

3. Darrell
    September 22nd, 2010 @ 1:10 pm

Julie,
    go girl, your poetry inspires us all.

4. Julie
    September 22nd, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

Your gifts are many…what a beautiful expression from the inside of your heart for the rest of us to be enriched by!! Thankyou!!!!

5. Herta
    September 23rd, 2010 @ 8:47 pm

it’s clear you have writing talent, but to also inspire others, now that’s real talent, and a gift.

6. Steve
    September 25th, 2010 @ 7:57 pm

As I witness your boundless spirit develop the skill of expression, it makes your father proud. This first step sharing your dreams with a larger community is indeed a big leap. Keep on struttin’, sweetheart!

7. Uncle Rob
    September 26th, 2010 @ 12:06 pm

Atta girl Julie!! Keep writing your wonderful poetry!

8. Marion
    September 26th, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

Another beautiful poem Julie! Way to go girlfriend! I smiled reading about the sun coming out from behind the socks.

9. Rev. Sue Fleenor
    September 27th, 2010 @ 5:17 pm

Hi Julie!
    Congratulations on having your beautiful poem published on this blog. I remember with joy the poem you dedicated to me at a pizza dinner we shared at Betsy’s home right before Easter this year. You are such a delight to me, I miss seeing you. You and your poetry are bright shining lights of God’s grace.

Blessings,
    Pastor Sue

10. graandma Betesimom
    September 27th, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

Oh Julie dear,
    Your poetry always touches my heart. I’m thankful for your wonderful spirit.
    love,
    betsimom

11. deb
    September 27th, 2010 @ 6:36 pm

Jules!!!! Love your writing!! Miss seeing you at school or in the grocery outlet…..keep writing and sharing, sweetie. take care, be safe….
    Live, Love, Laugh, deb

12. Annie yeager
    September 29th, 2010 @ 10:38 am

julie this is annie ur poem is truly amazing and heart warming

13. Julie Yeager
    October 13th, 2010 @ 3:35 pm

Hi everyone thank you a lot for commenting on my poem it means so much to have this poem on this blog. This means so much and this is a honor and i am glad to share my poetry with you. I thank Herta for posting it to her blog so i give her a hand of appreciation. It is good to be heard and i thank all of you and Herta for making my poem a big success. Thank You Julie Yeager

14. Joy Trimboli
    October 15th, 2010 @ 9:46 pm

Julie: you spoke to my class today at the JC. I was so impressed with your humor and grace and also your public speaking talent. You have much to offer and so many roads you could travel. I loved your poems. What i really loved is your positive attitude. Congratulations on your engagement! I will look for you in the bookstores! joy P.S. your mom is pretty great too.

15. Sue Hopkins
    December 4th, 2010 @ 5:01 pm

Julie you are such a wonderful person who writes beautiful poetry from your heart. I enjoy reading your poems. Thank you for sharing them my friend.

16. Carol Davis
    August 26th, 2012 @ 4:02 pm

Julie, as always, I enjoy reading your thoughts. The metaphor of the sun coming out from gray socks is perfect. The way, at the end, that you get back around to where you started brought sweet closure. You really know how to tap in girlfriend.

17. Marlene Alves
    August 26th, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

I’m so glad Carol (Davis) shared your wonderfully imaginative, visual, creative, heartfelt poetry/posts, Julie! I enjoy writing,but never attempted poetry. Your examples make me want to try; just as your words sweep us across all kinds of images, moving up & away, back & forth…then finally, return to ground. You have a wonderful talent, Julie!! P.S. I’m sharing with others, as well.